Few companies can speak of a rich heritage like Mary Kay Inc. Mary Kay Ash’s business expertise, combined with her desire to help women achieve personal growth & financial success, led her to develop the company that has grown into one of the largest global direct sellers of skin care & color cosmetics. In 2013, Mary Kay celebrates 50 years of beauty!
All girls who participate in the Girl Scout Cookie Program are eligible to earn the annual Cookie Activity Pin. When they earn the pin, invite girls to share their accomplishments in each of the 5 Skills. Here’s how girls achieve the 5 Skills through the Girl Scout Cookie Program:
- Set personal learning goals. What do you want to learn this year? What do you want to do better? Share this with at least one other person or your group.
- Set personal sales goals for yourself based on your personal and group goals. Keep a record of your accomplishments each year!
- Develop a basic business plan for your cookie sale.
- Work as a team with other Girl Scouts to decide when and where you’ll sell cookies and what you’ll do with the
money you earn.
- Develop a budget for accomplishing at least one of the goals you set in the Goal Setting step. Use this budget to help determine your sales goals.
- Be able to explain how the money earned in the Girl Scout Cookie Program helpsyou, your group, and your council.
- Practice your “elevator speech” for customers about what you are selling, why you are selling it, and why they
should purchase it.
- Make a list of customers you will approach. Don’t forget people you sold to last year!
- Discuss how living the Girl Scout Promise and Law applies to what you do in the Girl Scout Cookie Program as a businesswoman.